The International Institute of Advanced Islamic Studies (IAIS) Malaysia invites applicants from suitable and qualified candidates for the following position:
Special Officer to the CEO
- Degree in Islamic law/jurisprudence/Shariah from a recognised university preferably in the last five years;
- Or a Degree in other areas of Islamic studies with at least three (3) years’ experience of research and academic writing;
- Excellent command of English, Arabic, and Malay, both written and oral;
- Proficiency in the use of the Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint & Excel), multimedia devices and social media tools;
- Good communication skills and a team worker;
- Familiarity with the works of Professor Dr Mohammad Hashim Kamali is a plus.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the CEO and assisting him in academic research and publication works;
- Regularly updating the CEO on contemporary issues related to Islam and the Muslim Ummah, Shariah and law, politics and good governance, halal and socio-economic issues, global peace and security;
- Assist in the preparation of speeches, lectures and presentations;
- Develop, manage and regularly update Facebook page of the CEO;
- Plan, organise and promote series of playlist of the CEO’s videos on the YouTube;
- Plan, organize and execute content development in the form of videos, images or posters for CEO’s Instagram account;
- Carefully select important issues of concern, or inputs from existing academic works of the CEO for Twitter on daily basis;
- To accompany or represent the CEO in relevant events or meetings;
- Perform any other tasks as may be required by the Institute.
All interested candidates are invited to submit soft copies of comprehensive resume with a cover letter to:
Candidates are encouraged to study the activities and objectives of the International Institute of Advanced Islamic Studies before applying.